Originally posted on: foreverconscious.com
Your Aura is the energetic force that surrounds your entire being. It is a magnet that draws in and repels all of the emotions, psychic debris and energy that swims around you.
In many ways, the condition of your aura creates the filter in which you see and experience the world.
When your auric field is strong and healthy, it allows you to feel energized, more aligned with your soul and helps you to create a more positive outlook.
When you are highly stressed, in a stressful environment or when your immunity is down, your auric field can become weak which can make you feel lethargic, unaligned with your soul and can create a more negative outlook.
Just like we have to protect and care for our physical body, we also have to protect and care for our energetic body.
If you are feeling drained, stressed, spiritually desensitised, highly emotional or out of sorts, cleansing your aura may help.
Here are 4 Ways to Cleanse Your Aura by yourself at home:
1. Smudging with Sacred Herbs
Smudging involves burning particular herbs and allowing the smoke to cover your entire auric field in order to be cleansed.
Some sacred herbs you may want to use include:
- White Sage: great all purpose cleansing herb to clear away negative energies
- Coastal Sage: can help to repair tears in the aura
- Palo Santo: great all purpose cleansing herb which helps heal the aura
- Thyme: can help to release emotions and traumas from the past
- Cedar: can help to release fears and enhance courage
- Mugwort: can help repair psychic damage and enhance intuition
Once you have selected the perfect herb for you, create a sacred space and set your intention for the healing. Allow the smoke from the herbs to pass around the top of your head and down through your body. You can also use the smoke to cleanse and protect your environment.
2. Goddess or Psychic Bath
A Goddess or Psychic Bath is a ritualistic bathing process that helps to cleanse your energy field and aura.
Here are some suggestions for sacred herbs, flowers and essential oils that you may want to use in your bath:
- Rose Petals/Essential Oil: helps to strengthen the aura and promotes self love and healing
- Lavender Buds/Essential Oil: helps to promote relaxation and calm and restore the energy of the auric field
- Basil Herb/Essential Oil: helps to cleanse negative energy and release the pains of the past
- Sage Herb/Essential Oil: helps to cleanse and protect your aura from negative energy or psychic attacks
- Himalayan Sea Salt: helps to detoxify and restore the aura
- Citrus Based Essential Oils: can help to energise and recharge the aura
- Sandalwood Essential Oil: can repair damage due to psychic attacks and can strengthen the intuition and vibration of the aura
- Olive Oil: can help to expand the aura and can increase attraction potential
Set your intention and then use your intuition to guide you to selecting the appropriate flowers, oils and herbs for your bath. Once selected, place them into the bath with warm water and visualise your aura being repaired, healed and restored as you wash your body in the water.
If you don’t have a bath, you can achieve this same practice in the shower by placing your flowers/oils/herbs into a vessel of warm water and pouring it over yourself in the shower.
Be sure to discard all of the herbs and flowers after each use. You may have to complete the Goddess Bath for at least 3 days for maximum benefits.
3. Crystal Grid
Crystals placed in a specific geometric pattern are known as crystal grids. Commonly they are used to direct energy towards a particular goal or manifestation, but they can also be used to cleanse your aura.
Some crystals that you may want to use in your crystal grid include:
- Clear Quartz: perfect general crystal to help cleanse the aura
- Rose Quartz: helps to repair damage to the aura associated with heartache
- Citrine: helps to expand and strengthen your aura
- Selenite: powerful cleansing crystal to help protect your aura
- Amethyst: helps to repair and restore aura after psychic attacks
- Fluorite: helps to free the aura of other people’s emotions and energy
- Black Tourmaline: helps to clear negative energy from the aura
There are of course many other crystals you can use, however these may be the most beneficial if you are confused about where to begin.
To make your grid, select your main crystal that is going to be your “center” point. Lay down on your bed or a cloth and place this crystal on your body wherever it feels right to you such as your third eye, heart or stomach. Place the other crystals around the center crystal at different points of your body.
As you lay there, imagine the crystals healing and strengthening your aura. Focus on your breath and visualise the healing power of the crystals taking over.
Be sure that your crystals are cleansed and charged before and after using.
4. Positive Affirmations or Mantras
The quickest and easiest way to restore energy back into your aura is to recite a positive or uplifting mantra.
Select a mantra and then recite it out loud. Be sure to feel the message vibrating through your entire body. In fact, it is more important that you “feel” the mantra then say it.
You may have to repeat the mantra a few times over the course of a few days for it to take affect. You an also write the mantra on a piece of paper and have it near your desk or a place where you frequent. When your aura is shining brightly around you, it can not only help you to feel and look more radiant, but it can also help you easily manifest your desires and feel more aligned and at peace with your soul.